Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 memories

By the time a New Year starts, most of us would have built castles in air thinking how to encounter the approaching year. For some of them it goes as scheduled, but for most of us we might have to encounter some unexpected events as we progress. Those events can be memorable or forgettable. But these events give us the needed strength to face the remaining days in a calendar year. I am no exception to the above said words and this blog is full of those events which I came across in the year 2011. Fasten your seat belts pals, this journey is surely a nostalgic one
  • The final days of 2010 were challenging indeed as I had to take several decisions with respect to my career. Those days really tested my character and I did cross all the barriers. I was hoping for a better start in 2011 and it dint happen. I had to face a battle with some of my loved ones and emotions were at stake. This was a sequel to the decisions that I made earlier and I sensed that this would happen. I did lose and I paid a severe penalty. I tried my best to hold some of them but they wanted to be set free and it did happen at the end.
  • After a dull and a gloomy January, it was the time for a happy February. A small trip with my lovable friends made me enough to smile. The whole trip was one amazing trip and wish I had frozen my clock at that moment. Thanks to Mr Harish Raju (The sponsor of the trip), Anu Balaji for the dance which sprained my arm, Aishu and Gayathri (For the care), Adi,Durai and James(For all the laughing moments you guys gave), Kamal( The All rounder) Shyam,Arun,Vijay and Sharan(For the other happy moments)
  • Busy months of March, April and May followed and only one thing was dominating – Education. It was my final year at college and my gang ensured that we make the best out of it. Project classes with Anand Kumar, Boopalan and Dhanraj were always a fun, the so called project reviews, HOD unleashing his “Kolaveri” on the project report and the final demo with a small computer. Preparations for the final exams were in full swing and that was the only time I probably looked serious. Anu balaji with his “Why So Serious” tag line will always add a pinch of humor even at the worst situations. And by May first week, the curtains fell on my college life
  • Even during our exam time we managed to sneak out to few places. One such trip which is worth mentioning was the trip to Pulicat lake. After a heavy lunch at Duraivel’s residence, our pit stop was the Pulicat lake, the name which strikes terror among few people. But Duraivel assured that the trip will be a safe yet memorable one. James’s heroics in the boat, a visit to the Savuku Thoppu, a bird’s eye view of Sriharikota and the beautiful sunset were some of the highlighted moments. The departure was so late than expected and my whole family was waiting to give a black and blue beating. Why? Because it was my dad’s birthday and everyone in the family are hanging out without me. I threw in a sudden surprise by buying a cake and made my father to cut it which no one expected. All those anger were converted into praises.
  • The remaining weeks of May and June were the months where I had to encounter all the unexpected events. One was the unexpected delay in results which caused an upset to my higher education plan and the second one was the caused by my college which nearly put an end to my dream of pursuing an education in Auckland.  Even when the mark sheets were issued to my college, they dint hand it back to the students and the reason they cited was the lack of staff in my department. I begged, I requested my college officials but everything fell into deaf ears. They are least bothered about a student’s life once he/she steps out of the college. And by the time the college distributed the mark sheets it was too late for me. But still I managed to submit all the necessary documents to my university here in Auckland and was waiting for the full offer. Amidst of all these horror events I managed to enjoy myself in this vacation period. My Birthday treat at McDonalds, Gayathri’s visa approval treat @The French loaf, A lunch with Harish Raju at Ashvita, the joint treat at the Lemon grass, Dinning in Main Land China with Aishu,Harish and Gayathri, A outing to Express Avenue with KK, Dhanraj and Anand Kumar,Arvind's birthday bash with Keerthana, Aishwarya,Danny,Deepak,Dinesh and Narendran, A family trip to Kolkata and a lunch at Kobe with Harish and Gayathri were some of the events that gave me some smile on my face.
  • It was time for a serious July. The days which really tested my heart beat. Dreams of abroad life were slowly dissolving in air.1000 + mind voices inside me. Will I be enrolled in Auckland University of Technology? Will I be on time? Or will I be sitting jobless in Chennai. There came a ray of light when I was broken in the dark. I was informed that AUT has given me the full time offer and my visa is now in Delhi for its final approval. I even paid the fees before all this happened. With good news there always comes a bad news. My tryst with Chennai became matter of days and I was asked to take the earliest flight to Auckland after receiving my Visa. To my horror I got my visa on the 15th of July (I expected it on the 14th) and my flight was on the same day as well. With no time to breathe or enjoy in Chennai with my family It was the time for Au- Revoir Chennai. In this tension I dint even give a good send off to my best bud Gayathri who flew to America for her Masters on the 13th of July.
  • New life in Auckland from the 18th of July and life continues here without any major hiccups. First day in Auckland with my uncle and Aunty, first day in Uni, New friends, a trip to Devonport, Winter nights at Auckland, A snowy evening, A trip to Piha with my Uncle and conversations with my Uncle and Aunt are some of the golden moments here
The year of 2011 really tested my nerves and thanks to everyone who were alongside me and helped me to accomplish my dreams. 2011 is coming to a close now and it’s the dawn of a new year. New year, New Dreams and new To Do tasks, the destination is within reach but the journey is far and challenging. Let me see how I face everything. Until the next one

Cheers,
Gautham                    







No comments:

Post a Comment